Professionals interested in attending the 9th Regional Congress of Information in Health Sciences (CRICS9) can now register online in the CRICS9 website. The event will be held 22-24 October 2012, at the Pan American Health Organization Headquarters in Washington, D.C.
CRICS9 is the most important forum for the exchange of information on programs, projects, systems, and networks of information and scientific communication in health in the region of the Americas. Under this year's slogan, "eHealth: reaching universal access to health", CRICS9 will involve participants in fruitful discussions regarding eHealth through plenary sessions, round tables, panels, workshops and more.
The event is organized into five main tracks:
- Information for health-related decision - information management, digital libraries and repositories, and information needs
- Strategies and policies - development and sustainability, technical cooperation among countries and governments
- Information and communication technologies - mHealth, interoperability, accessibility, and standards
- Telehealth - models and programs applied to primary care, telehealth services development integrated into national health systems
- Capacity building - communication for health promotion, use of social networks, and digital literacy.
CRICS9 will be preceded by the 6th Meeting of Regional Coordination of the Virtual Health Library (BVS6), to be held 20-21 October also in Washington, D.C. BVS6 will promote a broad discussion on the development of the Virtual Health Library (VHL) based on the objectives of the eHealth Strategy and Plan of Action (2012-2017) and the recommendations of the VHL Meeting 2011.
Both events are organized by the Pan American Health Organization through its Latin American and Caribbean Center on Health Sciences Information (BIREME).