International Innovation is the leading global dissemination resource for the wider scientific, technology and research communities, dedicated to disseminating the latest science, research and technological innovations on a global level. More information and a complimentary subscription offer to the publication can be found at: www.researchmedia.eu
- How will the eHealth strategy ensure sustainable development of Member States' health systems? How will these succeed where previous efforts failed?
- How will these initiatives improve health service access and quality for those who need it most?
- Are there any prevalent health problems in the Member States that can substantially benefit from your eHealth approach? Could you elaborate on some of the infomation and communication technologies that form the foundations of both the Strategy and Plan of Action?
- Can you offer an insight into the training opportunities provided by PAHO, both in eLearning and in continuing education in information and communication technologies? Who are the primary recipients of such training and how useful is this for medical practitioners in the field?
- How are social networking tools being implemented to increase the availability of medical care and to aid the rapidity of decision making and treatment?
- What efforts are being made to improve standardization and increase interoperability between different technologies and software applications? Will this have a tangible impact on medical provision and patient health?
- Are there particularly innovative approaches or significant success stories from recent years that you would like to detail? Is PAHO committed to using the latest innovations to aid its efforts?
- Climate change is predicted to impact on a plethora of health risks, bringing new problems to new regions. Is PAHO ready to meet these future demands and how are you preparing for other influences, such as growing and ageing populations?
The interview is available at: http://www.research-europe.com/magazine/HEALTHCARE2/HC17/index.html