CRICS 9, is the Ninth Regional Congress on Health Sciences Information. Is the main forum to exchange information on programs, projects, systems and information networks and scientific communication on health in the Americas region.
eHealth: Reaching universal access to health
The CRICS series began in 1992 at a meeting of the representatives of the 37 countries that formed the Latin American Health Information Network, which today is the Virtual Health Library (VHL). It was born as an innovative congress in the fields of information and scientific communication, knowledge management, methodologies and information technologies, and their application to the development of research systems, education and health care.
CRICS is a regional and global forum for the exchange of information between programs, projects, systems, and information networks in health and scientific communication, such as the VHL and the Public Health Virtual Campus (CVSP).
CRICS9 provides three days of full activities such as lectures, roundtables, panels, and workshops. It begins immediately after the VI Regional Coordination Meeting of the VHL. It is organized by the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) through its specialized center, BIREME, which also coordinates the event’s Scientific Committee.
CRICS9 will be an open forum for discussion on issues relevant to Public Health in the Americas, organized into five tracks:
- Information for health-related decision - information management, digital libraries and repositories, and information needs.
- Strategies and policies - development and sustainability, technical cooperation among countries and governments
- Information and communication technologies - mHealth, interoperability, accessibility, and standards
- Telehealth - models and programs applied to primary care, telehealth services development integrated into national health systems
- Capacity building - communication for health promotion, use of social networks, and digital literacy.
Página Web: www.crics9.org/en
- PAHO/WHO - Website
- 525 Twenty-third Street, N.W.
- Washington DC
EventList powered by schlu.net