Tuesday, 08 June 2010 11:39
Nominations are being accepted online now
at http://www.pahef.org/awards/nominations for the 2010 Awards for Excellence in Inter-American Public Health, a joint program of the Pan American Health and Education Foundation (PAHEF) and the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO). These awards honor dedicated professionals who led the way in advancing health conditions in the Americas during the last century and are intended to stimulate the growth of the next and rising generation of leaders working to improve health and health care in the Americas.
Awards with a nomination deadline of June 15, 2010, 5:00 p.m. EST:
- Abraham Horwitz Award for Excellence in Leadership in Inter-American Health
- Pedro N. Acha Award for Excellence in Veterinary Public Health
- Fred L. Soper Award for Excellence in Health Literature
- Clarence H. Moore Award for Excellence for Voluntary Service
Awards with a nomination deadline of June 30, 2010, 5:00 p.m. EST:
- Manuel Velasco Suárez Awards for Excellence in Bioethics
- Sérgio Arouca Award for Excellence in Universal Health Care
Each awardee receives a cash prize or grant, certificate of merit, and a paid trip to Washington, DC, to receive the award at the annual PAHO/PAHEF Awards for
Excellence in Inter-American Public Health Event and is recognized before the ministers of health of the region at the PAHO Directing Council Meeting. Past winners of the esteemed Awards for Excellence in Inter-American Public Health are some of the most recognized individuals and organizations working in the field of public health throughout the Western Hemisphere.