Page 1 of 4
Area of work:
The primary areas of work of the Sub-regional Advisor in Medicines, Vaccines and Health Technologies are to:
- Adapt and integrate global and regional strategic orientations in medicines, vaccines and HT into the PAHO Technology and Health Services Delivery (THS/EV) regional program of work in the Caribbean
- Build on existing networks and partnerships, to promote inter-country cooperation and commitment of stakeholders and to strengthen support through PAHO Collaborating Centres
- Assist the Caribbean Region and the CARICOM Secretariat in the development of common medicines policy, regulations and indicators for assessing the implementation and impact on access to medicines.
- Provide technical support to participating countries on issues of access to medicines & vaccines.
- Develop capacity in pharmaceutical supply management, identifying needs based on assessments.