Page 2 of 4
Main Current Initiatives:
- Development of the PAHO Strategic Fund mechanism to facilitate access to HIV, TB and malaria drugs in Caribbean countries
- Support? Develop the Technical Secretariat of Caribbean Procurement Supply Management (CARIPROSUM) network; sharing information with and harmonization of norms and procedures used by the Caribbean Procurement Authorities.
- Development of standard indicators of performance
- Coordination with the Pan American Network for Drug Regulatory Harmonization (PANDRH), to support the processes of drug regulatory harmonizationCoordination with the CARICOM Secretariat to assess the drug registration status and the Intellectual Property Legislation and Patents in Caribbean countries.
- Evaluation of the pharmaceutical situation in Caribbean countries using WHO Level I Questionnaire and Level II survey forms.
Dayrells Rd & Navy Garden, Christ Church, Barbados
Tel: 001-246 434-5200 Fax: 001-246 436-9779
© Pan American Health Organization. All rights reserved.