Country Program Specialist for PAHO/WHO Office in Saint Lucia
The Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO – Office of Barbados and Eastern Caribbean Countries invites applications for the position of Country Program Specialist, Saint
- Essential: a university degree in any of the health related sciences, public policy or international health development from a recognized institution.
- Desirable: a master’s degree in a health-related or social science discipline would be an asset
- Essential: 7 years of national experience in a senior management position with increasing responsibility for design, review, implementation and/or evaluation of health development and cooperation projects and familiarity with international cooperation mechanisms at the national level
- Desirable: experience in multi-country project management and implementation would be an asset.
- Languages: very good knowledge of English. Knowledge of Spanish would be an asset.
This is a locally recruited post and is only available for citizens of CARICOM.
A written test or oral presentation and interview may be held for this position.
Full details of the vacancy can be accessed from www.who.int/employment/vacancies/en/.
All applicants must apply online in order to be considered for the position. However, candidates will be contacted only if they are under serious consideration.
Deadline for the receipt of applications is January 14, 2013