- Revisit the experiences of Alma-Ata, with an emphasis on a community approach and health promotion, to achieve the MDGs by 2015
- Address the multidimensional challenges posed by poverty and the impact of social and economic determinants of health.
- Move towards the achievement of the MDGs by improving health and development in the least visible, marginalized communities.
- Work towards eliminating health inequities within countries
- Be a Catalyst for change, revitalizing and coordinating the joint efforts of political leaders, community leaders and residents, nongovernmental organizations, international agencies, and the international cooperation community.
- Promote intersectoral alliances at the highest political level to prioritize attention to and investment in the most vulnerable municipalities.
Faces, Voices and Places aims to RESPECT:
Respond to the needs of the poorest and most vulnerable communities from the perspective of the social determinants of health
Elevate the values of equality and Pan Americanism
Synchronize efforts and unify actions and the will to achieve the MDGs
Promote the objectives of public health: people and territories
Emphasize rights and responsibilities, to ensure sustainable development
Consolidate the power of advocacy for the most vulnerable
Transition from a focus on poor countries to a focus on people living in poverty
Last Updated on Thursday, 21 June 2012 14:31