The contest objectives are:
• To identify and encourage good practices in school environments in countries of Latin America and the Caribbean.
• To promote horizontal cooperation between countries through the exchange of experiences and lessons learned in school-based health promotion.
• To strengthen work by the health-promoting school networks at the national level.
Who can participate?
All schools or educational institutions (public or private; preschool, primary or secondary levels; rural or urban) from the countries in the Americas or Spain are eligible to participate. Schools must have developed experiences in school-based health promotion or have implemented the Health Promoting School Strategy in one of the established categories of the contest.
National and international Health Promoting School Networks are also invited to participate in this contest under a special category for this group.
• The period for registering and submitting experiences ended on January 31st 2012.
• A commemorative plaque for each winner
• Each winning experience at the international level will be documented and shared throughout the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization communication channels
• More prizes and special awards will be given at the national level
Where can I request assistance if necessary?