Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, June 18, 2014. Students seeking Master’s or PhD degrees in health may apply through 6 August 2014. Students seeking graduate degrees in health and research for health may now apply for scholarships to study in Brazil under an agreement signed earlier this year between the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) and the Organisation of American States (OAS). The application deadline is 6 August 2014. .
Leaders in International Health Program Edmundo Granda Ugalde 2014 Opening and Welcome Ceremony held on June 10, 2014 at the PAHO/WHO Country Office
Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago, June 16, 2014. The Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)/World Health Organization (WHO) Headquarters Office in Washington, DC held its Leaders in International Health Program Edmundo Granda Ugalde 2014 Opening and Welcome Ceremony. Representatives from the Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA), the Ministry of Health and PAHO Trinidad and Tobago convened at the country office in Port-of-Spain to take part in the ceremony to welcome this year’s participants which included two from the country, Dr. Nathaniel Duke from the Scarborough Regional Hospital in Tobago and Ms. Sarah Quesnel-Crooks from CARPHA.
Dr. Adelle-Lisa Chin, who is also a 2014 LIHP Mentor, and Dr. Vishwanath Andy Partapsingh, both 2013 LIHP participants, were on hand to receive their certificates from Dr. Bernadette Theodore-Gandi,-PAHO/WHO Representative Trinidad and Tobago.
- UN General Assembly NCD Review Caribbean Preparatory Consultation virtual session held on 28 May, 2014, 9:00 AM-12:30PM at the PAHO/WHO country office.
- Country Consultations for PAHO’s Health in All Policies (HiAP) Action Plan held on May 21st-22nd 2014.
- PAHO, in cooperation with the Government of Canada’s Global Partnership Programme (GPP), supported the donation of new BSL-3 Laboratory to CARPHA
- Social Inclusion towards Universal Health Coverage
- Caribbean Countries Advised To Include Food Safety And Nutrition In Emergency Plans
- World Aids Day 2013
- PAHO Wellness Week 2013
- Virtual Course on Gender and Health in a framework of human rights and diversity - “Promoting Gender Equality in the Caribbean”
- PAHO Country Office celebrates Emancipation Day in Trinidad and Tobago
- Global School Health Surveys Report and Fact Sheets