Hurricane Matthew News
Hurricane Matthews News
PAHO/WHO | Hurricane Matthew News | Hurricane Matthews News
- Haiti's Ministry of Health successfully vaccinates 729,000 persons against cholera 2016-11-22
Haiti's Ministry of Health (MSPP) is nearing completion of its vaccination campaign against cholera, having reached more than 729,000 people with vaccines in Sud and Grand Anse departments, areas ravaged by Hurricane Matthew.
- Haiti begins vaccination campaign against cholera in areas most affected by Hurricane Matthew 2016-11-09
A large contingent of national supervisors, nurses, health workers and criesurs, or town criers, are being mobilized by the Ministry of Health and Population of Haiti to vaccinate some 800,000 people living in 16 communes in the departments of Sud and Grand'Anse, the areas most affected by Hurricane Mathew a month ago.
- Haiti needs support to restore, rebuild health services after Hurricane Matthew 2016-11-03
Haiti needs support to restore and rebuild its health services at various levels, ranging from cholera treatment centers to community health centers to major hospitals, according to Dr. Jean-Luc Poncelet, the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) representative in Haiti.
- Haiti's Ministry of Health organizing a vaccination campaign against cholera in areas affected by Hurricane Matthew, supported by PAHO-WHO, UNICEF and other partners 2016-10-27
- PAHO/WHO issues appeal for $9 million for emergency health operations in Haiti 2016-10-14
- PAHO/WHO anticipates cholera outbreaks, sets up field operations in Haiti towns affected by Hurricane Matthew 2016-10-12
- As Haiti Assesses Hurricane Damage, PAHO's Emergency Response Targets Cholera 2016-10-07
- PAHO Responds to Hurricane Matthew Emergency in Caribbean, prepares for cholera upsurge in Haiti 2016-10-06
- PAHO Mobilizes Staff for Hurricane Matthew Response 2016-10-04