The Conference is the supreme governing authority of the Organization and meets every five years to determine its general policies. The Conference also serves as a forum for the interchange of information and ideas relating to the prevention of disease; the preservation, promotion and restoration of mental and physical health; and the advancement of sociomedical measures and facilities for the prevention and treatment of physical and mental diseases in the Western Hemisphere.
Home | 29 PSC News
- Pan American Sanitary Conference ends with agreement on new health agenda for the Americas 2017-09-29
The 29th Pan American Sanitary Conference of the Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) ended today with the approval of a new health agenda for the Americas, and a series of strategies and plans of action to face health challenges in coming years.
- PAHO aims to reduce shortage of health workers in the Americas, improve distribution, and enhance skills to achieve SDGs 2017-09-28
A new strategy approved today by the 29th Pan American Sanitary Conference aims to guide national policies on human resources for health in the Region to cover the shortage of health workers, improve their geographical distribution, and enhance their skills in order to achieve universal health and the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
- Vital Statistics in the Americas to be strengthened under new accord 2017-09-28
Health authorities of the Americas today agreed on an action plan to strengthen vital statistics systems of the population of each country, during the 29th Pan American Sanitary Conference being held this week in Washington, DC.
- Countries report progress on preventing, controlling cervical cancer 2017-09-28
- Ministries of Health of the Americas pledge action to keep the region free of measles and rubella 2017-09-28
- Region of the Americas aims to be smoke-free by 2022 2017-09-28
- Dr. Carissa F. Etienne re-elected for second term as PAHO Director 2017-09-27
- The Americas adopt ambitious agenda to build sustainable and universal health by 2030 2017-09-27
- Countries of the Americas pledge to improve the health of ethnic groups 2017-09-26
- Violence Report: "Few resources" allocated to violence prevention in the Americas 2017-09-26
- Life expectancy in the Americas increases to 75 years 2017-09-26
- Dr. Stella Bolaños Varela of Costa Rica is honored with the PAHO Award for Health Services Management and Leadership 2017 2017-09-25
- Paraguay's Minister of Health elected president of the 29th Pan American Sanitary Conference of PAHO 2017-09-25
- PAHO Director highlights regional health achievements and challenges during 2013-2017 2017-09-25
- Health ministers' meeting at PAHO opens with somber tone after recent disasters 2017-09-25
- Ministers of Health of the Americas set to discuss actions to improve the health of the population in the region 2017-09-22
- PAHO Director Briefs OAS ambassadors on issues at the 29th Pan American Sanitary Conference 2017-09-15
Home | 29 PSC Events
- Panamá firma acuerdo con OPS par adquirir vacunas, medicamentos e insumos médicos 2017-09-29
El ministro de Salud de Panamá, Miguel Mayo y la Directora de Organización Panamericana de la Salud/Organización Mundial de la Salud (OPS/OMS), Carissa F. Etienne, firmaron hoy un acuerdo para que Panamá adquiera vacunas a través del Fondo Rotatorio para Compra de Vacunas de la OPS, así como también insumos y medicamentos por el Fondo Estratégico de la OPS.
- Countries promote inclusion of health action in upcoming global migration accord 2017-09-28
Even though health is a prerequisite for human well-being, health concerns have so far been virtually absent in international discussions about the planned Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration, said health leaders from the Americas during a side event at the 29th Pan American Sanitary Conference.
- Strategies shared to improve management and care of patients with chronic diseases 2017-09-28
Timely diagnosis and adequate treatment for those living with, or at risk of developing a non-communicable disease and self-care are keys to avoid complications and prevent premature death, and health officials from Cuba, Jamaica, Panama and Paraguay today shared their experiences in improving the health of people with these diseases.
- Health leaders welcome new Sustainable Health Agenda for the Americas 2017-09-27
- Stronger presence needed by health sector in debate on climate change effects 2017-09-27
- Ecuador's emergency medical team classified as a WHO EMT 2017-09-27
- Argentina renews cooperation strategy with PAHO/WHO 2017-09-26
- PAHO, Jamaica sign Country Cooperation Strategy for next five years 2017-09-26
- PAHO equity commission seeks 'practical solutions' to persisting health gaps in the Americas 2017-09-26
- Photo Exhibits on Health in the Americas, Chagas, vaccination and disasters featured at PAHO 2017-09-26
- BreatheLife exhibit opens at PAHO's Health Ministers Meeting 2017-09-25
- Subregional events within the framework of the 29th Pan American Sanitary Conference 2017-09-25
Quinquennial Report of the Director 2013-2017
Health in the Americas 2017
Sustainable Health Agenda for the Americas 2018-2030
(Click to expand/collapse)
Social Good + Facebook LIVE
Link to access all the events: https:/www.facebook.com/PAHOWHO/
Monday September 25
Tuesday September 26
Wednesday September 27
Thursday September 28