News 72nd World Health Assembly
PAHO/WHO | News 72nd World Health Assembly | Complete list of news at the 72nd WHA
- 72nd World Health Assembly Closes with Adoption of Resolutions on Public Health Topics 2019-05-28
The 72nd World Health Assembly ended today with the adoption of several resolutions on the world’s most relevant public health issues.
- Countries of the Americas Share Experiences on the Road to Achieving Universal Health 2019-05-28
Health authorities from the Region of the Americas continued to share their views on how to achieve universal health coverage and access, as well as the challenges they face in ensuring that no one is left behind.
- Delegations adopted resolutions on patient safety, emergency and trauma care, water and sanitation, and on the ICD-11 2019-05-27
The delegations at the World Health Assembly approved a series of resolutions about patient safety, emergency and care, and water and sanitation. They also agreed on the adoption of the of the International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD-11), that will come into effect on 1 January 2022.
- WHO Sasakawa Prize Recognizes Peru’s Experience in Reducing Child Anemia 2019-05-25
- World Health Assembly approves resolutions on climate change and health, noncommunicable diseases, and influenza preparedness 2019-05-24
- Health authorities from the Americas discuss how to achieve universal health leaving no one behind 2019-05-24
- World Health Assembly Adopts Resolution on Antimicrobial Resistance 2019-05-23
- Health Ministers of the Americas Discuss Strategies to Achieve Universal Health 2019-05-23
- Delegates Adopt Resolutions on Universal Health Coverage at World Health Assembly 2019-05-22
- Argentina certified malaria-free by WHO 2019-05-22
- Roadmap to Universal Health Discussed on Day Two of the World Health Assembly 2019-05-21
- 72nd World Health Assembly Opens in Geneva 2019-05-20
- Jamaican doctor, Peter Figueroa, recognized as health leader at World Health Assembly 2019-05-20
- Delegations of the Americas to Promote Vision of Universal Health at World Health Assembly 2019-05-20
- WHO announces four new goodwill ambassadors for promoting global health 2019-05-20
- Mexico Assumes Vice-Presidency of 72nd World Health Assembly 2019-05-20
- Ministers of Health of the Americas to participate in the 72nd World Health Assembly 2019-05-17