Help us celebrate the Year of the Nurse in 2020!
We invite you to contribute to an important publication of PAHO/WHO and the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing. We are collecting nurses´ stories from all over the Region of the Americas to highlight best nursing practices that advance primary health care (PHC) and universal health. We invite nurses to contribute with a description of their nursing activities, practices, programs, research or other. We also invite them to share photos that further illustrate their story.
These stories will be included in the 2020 PAHO/WHO/UICCON publication: Perspectives and Contributions of Nurses in the Region of the Americas to Achieve Universal Health and Primary Health Care. This document will help launch the PAHO/ WHO-sponsored celebration of 2020—The Year of the Nurse.
To have the story included in this important publication:
- Enter the requested information in the form below
- Write an approximately 1,000 to 2,000-word story describing the nursing activities, practice, program or research that advance PHC.
- If possible, attach photos that help to illustrate your story. Please provide a short (1-2 sentence) caption for each photo that explains how it ties to the story. If the photos depict a person who can be identified, please use the two attached forms (from UIC and PAHO) to obtain their written permission to have their image used in a joint publication by Pan American Health Organization and University of Illinois at Chicago College of Nursing or placed online at the PAHO web site.
- Perspectives and Contributions of Nurses in the Region of the Americas to Achieve Universal Health and Primary Health Care
- Perspectivas e contribuições de enfermeiros na Região das Américas para alcançar a Saúde Universal e Atenção primaria à saúde.
- Perspectivas y contribuciones de las enfermeras y de los enfermeros en la Región de las Américas para lograr la Salud Universal y la Atención Primaria de Salud
- Photographic Image, Audio & Video Release Form (PAHO/WHO)
- Photography/Video Consent Form. University of Illinois at Chicago Office of Public Affairs
We may edit your narrative for length. We will send you a draft for comments and approval before it is published in the document.
Deadline: January 30, 2020, to have your story included in the publication.