Health Systems and Services
The Health Systems and Services Department (HSS) develops technical cooperation projects promoting progressive advances toward universal access to health and universal health coverage (universal health). These projects require:
- building and maintaining strong and resilient health systems;
- focusing on health governance and financing, health policies, strategies, and plans as well as people-centered, integrated, quality health services;
- improved access to and rational use of safe, effective, and quality medicines, medical products, and health technologies;
- strengthening regulation capacity; and
- an adequate availability of competent human resources for health, and a culturally appropriate, well regulated, well distributed, and fairly treated health workforce.