Promotional materials associated with World Blood Donor Day.
This document summarizes the rationale for the parameters and conditions that should be taken into consideration in the education and selection of blood donors, in the level of detail that should allow blood service staff, community volunteers and prospective blood donors to understand them.
On June 14th, 2010, the annual World Blood Donor Day ceremony for the Region of the Americas was held in Nicaragua. These yearly special celebrations recognize the effort and dedication of all volunteer donors, who, every day, make altruistic contributions in order to give life to those who need it. Thanks to these volunteers, National Blood Programs can improve their operations in order to achieve the necessary self-sufficiency. pdf
- CD41.R15 Strengthening Blood Banks in the Region of the Americas 1999
- CD46.R5 Progress Report on the Global Safe Blood Initiative and Plan of Action for 2005 - 2010 2005
- CE142.R5 Blood Transfusion Safety: Progress Report 2008
- CD48.R7 Improving Blood Availability and Transfusion Safety in the Americas 2008
- CD51/INF/5 Regional Initiative and Plan of Action for Transfusion Safety 2006 - 2010: Final Evaluation 2011
- CD53.36 Plan of Action for Universal Access to Safe Blood 2014 - 2019