Webinar "WHO Global Status Report on Alcohol and Health 2018"
- Webinar "WHO Global Status Report on Alcohol and Health 2018"
- 2019-03-13, 12:30 h - 13:00 h
On Wednesday, 13 March 2019, PAHO will held the webinar "WHO Global Status Report on Alcohol and Health 2018" in which the publication of the same title will be presented by Dag Rekve, Policy Advisor on Alcohol at WHO. This is the second webinar of the series on Alcohol and Health.
Mr. Rekve holds a Master’s Degree in Business and Economics and has in addition studies in psychology, addiction behavior and as a naval officer. He has been working for WHO the last 15 years. He has previously worked as a Senior Adviser on alcohol and drugs for the Government of Norway, as the Programme Manager on Alcohol and Drugs in the WHO European Region and has additional work experience as a clinical counsellor in a treatment facility, as a municipal drug adviser, as the director of a national prevention campaign and as a 2nd Lieutenant in the Royal Norwegian Navy. He has been in the secretarial team of numerous policy papers and reports on substance use at local, national and international levels, including executive editor of the 2014 and 2018 WHO Global status report on alcohol and health together with Dr Vladimir Poznyak.
- DATE: Wednesday, 13 March 2019
- TIME: 12.30 pm -1.30 pm EST
- VIRTUAL LINK: (This webinar will be conducted only in English)
- REGISTER AT: http://eepurl.com/gfTHYT
Note: The registration link will serve to register to the whole webinar series.
- 9:30 am - Los Angeles
- 10:30 am - Mexico City, San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 11:30 am - Bogotá, Lima, Quito, Kingston
- 12:30 pm - Bridgetown, La Paz, Sto. Domingo
- 1:30 pm - Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Santiago de Chile
For other cities, you can estimate the time in the following link. Please, note that on 10 March, Washington DC will change to Daylight Saving Time. Take that in account when you estimate the time in your zone