Antimicrobial Resistance: Posters
Antibiotic Resistance; 2015
- Prevent infections by ensuring your hands, instruments and environment are clean
- Antibiotic resistance happens when bacteria change and become resistant to the antibiotics used to treat the infections they cause. This is compromising our ability to treat infectious diseases and undermining many advances in medicine.
- We must handle antibiotics with care so they remain effective for as long as possible.
- Keep your patients’ vaccinations up to date
- If you think a patient might need antibiotics, where possible, test to only prescribe and dispense antibiotics when they are truly needed
- Prescribe and dispense the right antibiotic at the right dose for the right duration