The mission of the Pan American Journal of Public Health is to serve as an important vehicle for disseminating scientific public health information relevant to the Region of the Americas. The journal aims to strengthen national and local health systems and to bridge the gap between health care and policy-makers, ultimately improving the health of the peoples of the Americas.
International Health Days are commemorations that call the attention of the public on one public health issue; for most of them, in this section the reader will find a selection of published manuscripts with links to the full-text papers.
The Journal published a thematic issue on mental health. Also on this topic:
- Reactividad del cortisol y salud mental en adultos expuestos a violencia temprana: revisión sistemática
- Impact of bullying victimization on suicide and negative health behaviors among adolescents in Latin America
- Sob a sombra da maternidade: gravidez, ideação suicida e violência por parceiro íntimo
- A four-year experience with a Web-based self-help intervention for depressive symptoms in Mexico
- Systematic review of risk factors for suicide and suicide attempt among psychiatric patients in Latin America and Caribbean