Orange Day continues to spark actions around the world on specific themes and issues towards ending all forms of violence against women and girls. This month, UNiTE #Orange Day will focus on violence against the girl child. For more information, please click on the link below.
Last Updated on Tuesday, 26 August 2014 15:22
The PAHO/WHO Guyana Country Office is encouraging the public to be aware of the Chikungunya virus, and to know the signs and symptoms.
The Chikungunya is one of the most recent viruses that crossed the Guyana boarders. It is a viral disease transmitted by the bite of an infected Aedes mosquito. Symptoms are: High fever, severe joint pains often in the hands and feet, stiffness, skin rash, headache, nausea, vomiting.
For more information please view the attached files.
Last Updated on Friday, 22 August 2014 16:03
The Ministries of Health, Food and Drugs Department in collaboration with the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) conducted training in Food Nutritional Labeling and Water Testing, during the period 10 -13 June 2014. Forty-two (42) Environmental Health and Public Health Officers from nine regions participated in the training.
The objective of the training was to enhance the competencies of the officers on food labeling (sample content, caloric value, claims and warnings and nutrient information) and water testing using the Del Agua Water Testing Kits.
The sessions on food labeling was facilitated by Professor Marvin Reid, University of the West Indies and two other external consultants. The sessions on water testing was conducted by Ms Tandika Barton, Food and Drugs Department, Ministry of Health.
Last Updated on Thursday, 24 July 2014 17:10
- The Guyana PAHO/WHO Staff Starts Aerobics Session
- Guyana Observes World No Tobacco Day, 31 May, 2014
- Guyana and Suriname Launch Vaccination Week in the Americas, 28 April, 2014 in Boskamp Saramacca, Suriname
- Helping the Babies Breathe (HBB) Training of Master Trainers Workshop
- Guyana Infection Prevention and Control Manual
- Infection Prevention and Control Program
- Basic Analysis Module of the SIP Workshop held 26 July, 2013
- Leaders in International Health Program
- PAHO-PAHEF Awards for Excellence in Inter-American Public Health Now Open for Nominations
- World No Tobacco Day - 31 May 2013
- Health and Human Rights Law Workshop, held 24 and 25 April 2013
- Healthy Practices Project, St. Ignatius Secondary School, Lethem, Reg. 9: Improving Food Security and Healthy Diets While Adapting to Climate Change
- Vaccination Week 20-27 April 2013
- PAHO/WHO Donates Garbage Bins to Schools
- Intimate Partner And Sexual Violence Against Women