Library Users from PAHO
The PAHO Library's primary responsibility is to offer library information services to PAHO professional and technical staff:
- PAHO staff members from technical division/programs
- Delegates of the Directing Council
- Members of the Executive Committee
- Pan American Sanitary Conference
- Visitors attending PAHO meetings
- PAHO consultants and temporary advisors
Library Users from Outside PAHO
The PAHO library is also open to the staff of other international agencies and diplomatic missions and visitors requiring PAHO- or WHO- produced information or material that is available only at the PAHO Library. Visitors are reminded that the PAHO Library is neither a public nor a medical library and that research on purely medical subjects will be redirected to other specialized libraries. Local document delivery options should first be used to obtain photocopies of articles indexed and found in international databases.
Visitors are required to register at the front Guard's Desk at the entrance where they will receive a visitor's tag. Visitors may use the library materials on the premises. A self-service photocopy machine is available at a charge of .15 cents a page payable by check to the Pan American Health Organization.
Visitor Hours: 9:00 am - 12 p.m. & 2:00pm - 4:00 p.m.
Reference Services: By Appointment
- General Document Information: (202)974-3734
- Photocopy Delivery: (202)974-3734
- Full Text & Indexing: (202)974-3734
- User Reference, Specialized Information & Tours: (202)974-3734