The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here .
- In South America, Colombia and Peru reported an increasing trend of acute respiratory disease.
- In Central America, El Salvador reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
- In the Caribbean, Dominica reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained low.
- The respiratory viruses circulating in Central America and Caribbean are diverse, with different predominance of influenza viruses (H1N1 pandemic, seasonal influenza A H3N3 and influenza B) in each country.
- 2 new confirmed deaths in 2 countries were reported; in total there have been 8,525 cumulative confirmed deaths in 28 countries of the Region.
Last Updated on Monday, 19 July 2010 19:14