The information contained within this update is obtained from data provided by Ministries of Health of Member States and National Influenza Centers through reports sent to Pan American Health Organization (PAHO) or updates on their web pages.
To download the full report in PDF click here.
- In North America, acute respiratory disease activity remained stable and is lower than expected in most areas.
- Caribbean countries reported unchanged or decreasing trends in acute respiratory disease.
- Central American countries reported decreasing trends in acute respiratory disease.
- In South America, Peru reported an increasing trend in acute respiratory disease.
- In Canada and the United States, the 100% of all subtyped influenza A viruses were pandemic (H1N1) 2009.
- 57 new confirmed deaths in 4 countries were reported; in total there have been 8,274 cumulative confirmed deaths.