PAHO/WHO launches Vaccination Week in the Americas in Adjacency Zone between Benque Viejo and Melchor de Mencos
The Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHOWHO) announces the regional Launch of Vaccination Week in the Americas, in the Adjacency Zone between Benque Viejo, Belize, and Melchor de Mencos, Guatemala.
Wednesday, April 24 2013, 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Adjacency Zone between Benque Viejo, Belize and Melchor de Mencos, Guatemala, to the right of the OAS Peace Fund
Who:The Honorable Pablo Marin, Minister of Health of Belize
- Dr. Jorge Alejandro Villavicencio Alvarez, Minister of Public Health and Social Assistance of Guatemala
- Mrs. Kim Simplis Barrow, Special Envoy for Women & Children and Spouse of the Prime Minister of Belize
- Dr. Carissa Etienne, Director of PAHO/WHO
Master of Ceremony, Ernesto Vasquez, businessman and media personality
How: In person
Context: The eleventh celebration of Vaccination Week in the Americas will be held from 20-27 April 2013. Vaccination Week is an extraordinary effort led by the countries and territories of the Region to advance equity and access to vaccination. Vaccination Week in the Americas activities strengthen the national immunization programs in the Americas by reaching out to populations with little access to regular health services, such as those population living in urban fringes, rural and border areas and in indigenous communities. Since it began 11 years ago, Vaccination Week has reached more than 410 million people of all ages in this continent.
- Vaccination Week in the Americas
- www.twitter.com/pahowho #vwa2013 #GetVax #vaccination