5-day intensive certificate course
The Centre for Global Health (University of Ottawa), and the Swiss Tropical and Public health Institute of Basel are combining forces and faculty to offer a timely and dynamic, problem-based learning experience in a one week certificate course after the 20th Canadian Conference on Global Health November 2-4 2014. Select this link for more information on the certificate.
Vaupés and Vichada are characterized by having the largest indigenous population in Colombia. The Ministry of Health and Social Protection of Colombia was keen to start work in these communities to improve their access to health services.
Road traffic injuries caused an estimated 149,992 deaths in the Region of the Americas in 2010. The average death rate for the Region from road traffic injuries was 16.1 per 100,000 population. Among subregions, the average road traffic deaths ranges from 10.9 to 22.1 per 100,000 population.
Honduras expanded deworming coverage of children in remote communities during vaccination campaigns
A year ago, Cleotilde Acosta's four children were having problems sleeping and eating. “Before they received deworming treatment, they would wake up frightened in the middle of the night,” recalls this mother in Santa María del Carbón, an indigenous Pech community in the municipality of San Esteban, department of Olancho, Honduras. “Now their stomachs are better, they have healthy appetites, and the ones in school are learning to read,” she adds with a grateful smile.
- Haiti will vaccinate against tetanus and neonatal tetanus during Vaccination Week in the Americas
- 20th Annual Canadian Conference on Global Health
- PAHO Director Dr. Carissa F. Etienne Congratulates Haiti on National Plan of Action on Cholera
- New PAHO Director will promote universal health coverage, make “health a driving force for change”
- We must act urgently and forcefully to reduce inequalities and inequities in the Americas, says Director of PAHO
- Elaine Chatigny, Assistant Deputy Minister from the Public Health Agency of Canada speaks about CARPHA
- PAHO Launches Vaccination Week in the Americas in Haiti, With Intensive Vaccination Activities Focused on Children
- PAHO and partners launch Vaccination Week in the Americas and World Immunization Week
- April 7 is World Health Day
- Call for abstracts now open - Canadian Conference on Global Health
- Epidemiologist in PAHO Bahamas Office
- PAHO/CIDA Initiative 2011-2014: Improved Health and Increased Protection from Communicable Diseases (IHIPCD) for Women, Children and Excluded Populations in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Canada reforms medical education to address changing health needs
- The Edmundo Granda Ugalde Leaders in International Health Program - 2012
- Workshops and other sessions for CPHA’s 2012 Annual Conference