Staff of PAHO/WHO OECC celebrates Wellness Week of the Americas 2014 on ‘Wear Your Sneakers to Work Wednesday‘
On Wednesday, September 17, 2014, several staff members of the PAHO/WHO office for Barbados and Eastern Caribbean Countries participated in the national “Wear Your Sneakers to Work Wednesday” by turning up for work dressed in active foot wear. This was in support of an initiative spearheaded by the Ministry of Health of Barbados to increase awareness of the need for office workers to include physical activity in their daily routine and a part of the Ministry’s programme to celebrate Wellness Week of the Americas. PAHO/WHO staff members were happy to join with national counterparts in this celebration. The PAHO/WHO staff also participated in a 15 minute mid-morning ‘Fitness Break’, where they took to the grounds of the office for a short period of exercise.
PAHO/WHO staff members enjoy a brisk walk around the grounds on “Weak Your Sneakers to Work Wednesday”
Last Updated on Sunday, 28 September 2014 02:14
The Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry, Fisheries and the Environment in collaboration with the Ministry of Health and the Grenada Bureau of Standards held a very successful one day workshop for Selected Dairy Farmers on “Basic Hygiene and Sanitation in Milk Production”.
Last Updated on Friday, 26 September 2014 16:37
The Pan American Health Organization / World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) Office for Barbados and Eastern Caribbean (OECC) is urging Caribbean residents to show solidarity with Caribbean Wellness Day and Wellness Week of the Americas 2014 by participating in activities in their communities. Wellness Week of the Americas will be commemorated from 13 to 19 September, beginning with Caribbean Wellness Day on Saturday 13 September.
Last Updated on Monday, 15 September 2014 19:37
- PAHO/WHO ECC and SPC-CRB Office taking steps to support employees in pursuing healthy lifestyles
- PAHO/WHO urges the countries of the Americas to be vigilant and prepared for potential introduction of Ebola virus
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) Office of Caribbean Program Coordination urges Caribbean Residents to Give Blood in Support of World Blood Donor Day 2014
- Updated Chronic Care Passport introduced in Saint Lucia
- Message for World No Tobacco Day - May 31, 2014 “Raise Taxes in Tobacco”
- PAHO/WHO Urges Caribbean Residents to get their Vaccines up-to-date for Vaccination Week of the Americas 2014
- Experts propose strategies to utilize legislative tools to promote the right to health and other related human rights in the Caribbean sub-region
- Chikungunya Fact Sheet
- Social Inclusion towards Universal Health Coverage - February 3, 2014