Mental Health has been considered a priority for the Caribbean for many years, being included as one of the main priorities in the Caribbean Cooperation Strategy. However, many countries still lag behind, with systems that may not provide appropriate answer to the mental health needs of their populations.
Last Updated on Thursday, 14 August 2014 14:27
PAHO/WHO urges the countries of the Americas to be vigilant and prepared for potential introduction of Ebola virus
The Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) is urging the countries of the Americas to be vigilant and prepared for a potential introduction of the Ebola virus in the Region. The recommendation comes following a statement by WHO Director-General Margaret Chan that the outbreak in West Africa constitutes a “public health emergency of international concern” (PHEIC).
Last Updated on Tuesday, 12 August 2014 18:33
Please click here to access the Vacancy Notice for Country Program Specialist in the PAHO/WHO Office in Antigua/Barbuda
Last Updated on Tuesday, 24 June 2014 15:43
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO/WHO) Office of Caribbean Program Coordination urges Caribbean Residents to Give Blood in Support of World Blood Donor Day 2014
- Updated Chronic Care Passport introduced in Saint Lucia
- Message for World No Tobacco Day - May 31, 2014 “Raise Taxes in Tobacco”
- PAHO/WHO Urges Caribbean Residents to get their Vaccines up-to-date for Vaccination Week of the Americas 2014
- Experts propose strategies to utilize legislative tools to promote the right to health and other related human rights in the Caribbean sub-region
- Chikungunya Fact Sheet
- Social Inclusion towards Universal Health Coverage - February 3, 2014
- UN Knowledge Fair 2013
- World Humanitarian Day - 19 August 2013
- The Pan American Health Organization Spearheads Thrust to Develop Policy to Reduce the Harmful Use of Alcohol within Caribbean Countries
- PAHO Director met with Government Leaders in Barbados
- Orientation of New Minister of Health Barbados
- PAHO/WHO calls for improved health sector response for women survivors of violence
- Message of PAHO’s Director Carissa F. Etienne
- PAHO Celebrates 110th Anniversary
- Proposal for the Development of a Regional Health Agenda for Hospitals in Integrated Health Service Delivery Networks
- Senior Policy Seminar on “The Universal Health Coverage (UHC) Agenda in the Caribbean"