Página 3 de 5
The countries of the Americans Region will have a framework through which they can gather a sufficient set of core HRH data, use that data to assess needs in workforce development, and use that information to target initiatives, evaluate/ monitor progress, and identify needed research areas. In addition, the countries will use an information system to disseminate data through the sub-regional website nodes and a Regional Observatory websites.
- Define an initial Core Data Set for Americas Region
- Professions in three areas of health: Service Delivery, and Management and Education
- Definitions/ Glossary of those Professions
- Variables that will constitute core data on those Professions (such as numbers, age, gender, linguistic abilities, years of service, FTE).
- Identify key sources and “collectability” of data from those sources
- Propose guidelines for validation and quality assurance of data
- Identify best practice framework for a process of collection, management, analysis, and dissemination that can be outlined for the countries.
- Discuss a “backend” database for observatory (regional and sub-regional levels) that can be used by the country managers to collect, enter, manage and information
- Reach consensus on some key indicators that the Observatory should make available for users so that they have access to key workforce information (such as stocks and flows, education, migration, distribution, productivity, access, competencies, and relation of workforce indicators to health systems indicators and population health outcomes)
- Shared understanding of common information needs, access to data, and information management processes across the countries of the Region
- Outline and Elements of a Guide that may be used in the countries to standardize HRH data gathering and management
- Begin the cooperation and sharing of ideas and recommendations among a network of HRH experts
- Agreement on an initial set of core data on HRH, basic definitions of key occupational categories, main sources of information, and collection processes