The Pan American Health Organization is organizing a new Webinar Series on Post COVID-19 Condition aiming to present and discuss the latest information available on the different aspects of post COVID-19 condition. Join us for the first session and launch of the series on Thursday, 17 February, 2022, from 10:30 am to 12:30 pm (EST)
This session aims to share the latest evidence and information on the role and perspectives of rehabilitation for post covid condition and consider what needs to be done to improve access to rehabilitation services for people experiencing post COVID-19 condition.
Post COVID-19 condition (also referred to as “long covid”) has been defined by WHO as occurring “in individuals with a history of probable or confirmed SARS CoV-2 infection, usually 3 months from the onset of COVID-19 with symptoms and that last for at least 2 months and cannot be explained by an alternative diagnosis. Common symptoms include fatigue, shortness of breath, cognitive dysfunction but also others and generally have an impact on everyday functioning. Symptoms may be new onset following initial recovery from an acute COVID-19 episode or persist from the initial illness. Symptoms may also fluctuate or relapse over time.”
Rehabilitation services can play an important role for people experiencing post COVID-19 condition. This could be delivered in a range of settings including within the hospital, at specialized rehabilitation centers, within primary health care settings, within the home or vitually through telerehabilitation.
How to partipate
- DATE: Thursday, 17 February, 2022
- TIME: 10:30 am - 12:30 pm EST [check below the local time in other cities]
- REGISTER: https://paho-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_EQ3X0DQxSN-B6QVkbuzqdw
- LANGUAGES: The session will be in English and Spanish, with simultaneous translation to both languages.
- The session will offer International Sign interpretation and closed captioning.
The recording will be available here after the session.
- 7:30 am.– Los Angeles
- 9:30 am. – Belmopan, Guatemala City, Mexico City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 10:30 am. – Bogota, Havana, Kingston, Lima, Panamá City, Quito, Port-au-Prince, Washington DC
- 11:30 am. – Bridgetown, Caracas, Castries, Georgetown, La Paz, Nassau, Port of Spain, San Juan
- 1:30 pm – Asunción, Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Montevideo, Paramaribo, Santiago
- 4:30 pm. – Geneva, Madrid