When: 2 March 2022, 7:30 am - 8:30 am EST
See the recording here: https://www.who.int/news-room/events/detail/2022/03/02/default-calendar/world-hearing-day-2022-information-webinar
The World Hearing Day 2022 with the theme “To hear for life, listen with care” focused on the importance and means of hearing loss prevention through safe listening.
A launch webinar was moderated by Ricky Kej and Lucy Kalatari, Grammy award winning musicians, on 2 March at 7:30 am - 8:30 am EST ahead of the International Health Day on March 3 2022.
· Opening remarks: Dr. Ren Minghui, ADG/WHO and Ms. Doreen Bogdan Martin, Director/ITU
· Presentation of technical products. To hear for life, listen with care: Dr. Shelly Chadha, WHO
· Panel discussion on the implementation of the global standard and mSafeListening
· Honorable Dr. Ivette Berrio, Vice Minister, Ministry of Health, Republic of Panama
· Dr. Melita Moore, Board Member and Chair, Health and Wellness Commission, GEF
· Dr. Ian Wiggins, University of Nottingham/Adam Hill, University of Derby
· Mr. Jörn Nettingsmeier, Live audio working group, IGVM
· Closing remarks: Dr Bente Mikkelsen, DIR/WHO