Age-Friendly Environments (AFE) ECHO – is a multi-session learning cycle in English, aligned with approaches and guidance from WHO on Age-friendly cities and communities particularly the recent guidance from EURO. The AFE ECHO is an innovative opportunity for capacity building of representatives from Member States that are interested to develop age-friendly cities and communities at the national, regional, or local levels. The program structure provides a safe environment where participants can share knowledge and learn from experts and other learners through collaborative problem-solving, to gain the skills necessary to advocate and drive the age-friendly model within their own city and/or community.
Key features of the AFE ECHO course:
- The learning cycle comprises 5 one hour sessions (09:00 to 10:00 Eastern Time Zone.)
- Session take place bi-weekly over a 3-month period from February 10 to April 7.
- Sessions are only held in English.
- There is no cost to participate and all sessions are hosted using Zoom video conferencing.
- Participants need to be in a position where they can or will be able to influence the development of age-friendly communities so that they can apply their learning.
- Participants are expected to attend all 5 sessions, as the experience and knowledge is cumulative.