Celebrities come together to support Vaccination Week in the Americas.
In 2017, in collaboration with the Hispanic Heritage Foundation, the following Latin American celebrities joined with PAHO to promote the 10th anniversary of Vaccination Week in the Americas:
- Colombian singer Juanes
- Actors William Levy and Eugenio Derbez
- Flamenco dancer Joaquín Cortés
- The late actor Roberto Gómez Bolaños
- Singers Rey Ruíz, Carlos Baute, Maite Perroni and Dulce Maria
- PAHO Champions of Health Ricardo Montaner and "Don Francisco" (Mario Kreutzberger)
The campaign highlighted the importance of everyone getting vaccinated and staying up to date on vaccines against a wide range of diseases, such as polio, rubella and congenital rubella syndrome, measles, diphtheria, mumps, whooping cough, neonatal tetanus, influenza and yellow fever.
PAHO/WHO thanks the Hispanic Heritage Foundation for facilitating the participation of these outstanding artists in this campaign.