Celeberate with us PAHO's 120th Anniversary and PAHO's Cooperation in Health with Spain!
Dra Carissa F. Etienne, Director of the Pan American Health Organization/World Health Organization, and Ambassador Carmen Montón, Permanent Observer of Spain to the Organization of American States (OAS) invite you to PAHO's 120th Anniversary and the Cooperation of Spain virtual event.
When: 3 May 2022
Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. (EDT).
The objective of this event is to celebrate the historical and current collaboration of Spain, as one of the most outstanding partners of PAHO, for its contribution to the achievement of advances in public health in the Americas.
The event will be broadcast live on PAHO´s YouTube Channel at www.youtube.com/PAHOTV
The event will be held in Spanish (no translation services will be provided)
(Virtual event in Spanish)
Tuesday, May 3, 2022 / 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 pm. (EDT)
10:00 a.m. - Opening words
- Dr. Carissa Etienne, PAHO Director (5 min)
- Ambassador Dr. Carmen Montón, Permanent Observer Mission of Spain to the OAS (5 min)
10:10 a.m. - Spain's Collaboration to PAHO
- Dr. Jarbas Barbosa, PAHO's Assistant Director (10 min)
10:20 a.m. - Priorities of Spain for cooperation in the Americas
- Ms. Pilar Cancela, Secretary of State for International Cooperation (15 min)
10:35 a.m. - Collaboration with the Spanish Agency for International Development Cooperation (AECID) in strengthening health systems in Paraguay
- Representative of the Ministry of Health of Paraguay (name and position TBC) (10 min)
10:45 a.m. - Collaboration with the Andalusian Agency for International Development Cooperation (AACID) in the prevention of adolescent pregnancy in Honduras and the Dominican Republic
- Representative of the Honduran Ministry of Health (name and position to be confirmed) (10 min)
- Ms. Monika Carrión, Comprehensive Care Program for Adolescents, Ministry of Public Health of the Dominican Republic (10 min)
11:05 a.m. Collaboration in the donation of vaccines against COVID-19
- Mr. Borja Luis Cabezón Royo, Ambassador on Special Mission for the COVID-19 Crisis and Global Health (10 min)
- Dr. Ana Elena Chevez, PAHO Revolving Fund (10 min)
11:25 a.m. - Discussion (20 min)
11:45 a.m. Closing (15 min)
- Ambassador Mr. Roberto Quesada, Permanent Representative, Mission of Honduras to the OAS (to be confirmed) (5 min)
- Mr. Raúl Mariano Martínez Villalba, Acting Representative, Mission of Paraguay to the OAS (TBC) (5 min)
- Ambassador Mr. Josué Fiallo, Permanent Representative, Mission of the Dominican Republic to the OAS (TBC) (5 min)