Join us on 12 May, 2020
WHAT: Contributions of Nurses to Universal Health and the COVID-19 pandemic in the Region of the Americas.
WHEN: Tuesday, 12 May 2020
TIME: 3:00 to 4:30 p.m. (EDT)
HOW: Virtual room link https://bit.ly/INursesDay
This session will be in English.
Ministries of Health and Education, Representatives of Universities, PAHO/WHO Collaborating Centers, National Nursing Associations, Government Chief Nursing Officers, professionals and students.
- To share the contributions and initiatives of nurses in promoting universal health and to recognize those on the front lines of COVID-19.
For information about the Spanish event please visit Día Internacional de las enfermeras y enfermeros 2020 Webpage
- Opening remarks (video): Carissa F. Etienne, Director of PAHO
- Tribute to health professionals - Theme: "Heroes of Silence.", Music and lyrics by Benjamin Puertas, PAHO Advisor, Human Resources for Health
- COVID-19 and the health workers: Jarbas Barbosa, Assistant Director of PAHO, and James Fitzgerald, Director of Health Systems and Services Department of PAHO
- Nurses’ experiences in the care or management of COVID-19 patients:: Courtney Vose, Michelle Acorn
- Launching of the publication:: "Perspectives and Contributions of Nursing to Promote Universal Health," Fernando Menezes, Unit Chief of Human Resources for Health and Silvia Cassiani, Advisor for Nursing and Allied Health Technician