A project that aims to develop and evaluate the implementation of an application for people with disabilities seeks to use innovative social information and communication technologies in the Brazilian single health system (SUS), to increase access and improve health conditions population with disabilities. The application, "Territorial Information System for health care of the disabled," will have versions for IOS and Android, and will be developed using the base of Google Maps on the platform VICON SAGA.
Knowing the territory, the real demands with regard to the integral health of the PCD, becomes the focal point to structure the care, from the perspective of integrality and intersectoriality.
The project, one of the winners of the call for proposals for the implementation of IS4H projects promoted by the Pan American Health Organization, is aimed at strengthening the National Policy on Health Care for Persons with Disabilities (Brazil, 2002), and the Network (RC-PCD), created through Ordinance No. 3/GM/MS, of September 28, 2017. The entity responsible is the Institute of Communication and Scientific and Technological Information in Health - Foundation Oswaldo Cruz ICICT / FIOCRUZ.
The proposal aims to:
- identify, from official sources, data relating to more detailed production of the demographic, social and health dimensions of the territories concerned;
- identify, through official sources, the constituent elements of the network of care in the territory (identified and those not identified by the Information Systems);
- identify, through local and territorial sources, data on the epidemiological and demographic profile of the Person with Disabilities, and their roaming in the care network;
- insert the data related in the previous steps into an application descriptive of the territory;
- to evaluate the usability, feasibility and applicability of the application in the context of the Health Care of PCD in SUS;
- validate and reconcile the data collected in the steps previously described in a revised and better adapted version of the application with a view to the future availability to the Unified Health System;
- evaluate the repertoire of information produced for the development of the application and its application for the production of PCD care.
In this sense, knowing the territory, the real demands with regard to the integral health of the PCD, becomes the focal point to structure the care, from the perspective of integrality and intersectoriality.
The project also covers the qualification of health professionals to increase access to and improvement of the health conditions of the disabled population, in addition to the analysis of the implementation of the test version of the System (usability, feasibility and applicability).