HEARTS in the Americas is a dynamic initiative led by Ministries of Health across countries, supported by local stakeholders and technical expertise from PAHO. The goal is to seamlessly integrate global best practices for preventing and controlling cardiovascular diseases (CVD) within existing health services. The focus is on optimizing high blood pressure management and promoting secondary prevention, particularly in primary healthcare. The Ministry of Health in Suriname has recently introduced HEARTS to strengthen the response to CVD and Diabetes.
We are seeking a consultant to collaborate closely with the HEARTS coordinator of the Ministry of Health in Suriname to develop a comprehensive communication strategy. This strategy will aim to raise awareness and drive the adoption of HEARTS in Suriname.
- Identify Target Audiences.
- Set Communication Objectives
- Develop a Communication Strategy.
- Design Tailored Communication Products and Activities.
Reporting and Supervision
The consultant will report to the PAHO/WHO Representative in Suriname and collaborate closely with the Technical Officer for Noncommunicable Diseases and Mental Health, as well as the Communication Officer at the PAHO/WHO Country Office in Suriname.
The consultant should possess:
- A university degree in Communications or related social science fields.
- Demonstrated prior experience in developing communication strategies.
- Knowledge of the healthcare system and relevant stakeholders in Suriname.
- Excellent skills in report writing.
Consultancy Period: 30 working days from October 1, 2023, to November 20, 2023.
Interested candidates are invited to submit the following by September 21, 2023
- Financial and technical proposal outlining the proposed methodology and key deliverables.
Submission Deadline: September 21, 2023
For more information on the complete ToR, please click here: