The COVID-19 Response Fund is a safe way for individuals, philanthropic institutions, and companies to contribute to the effort led by WHO and PAHO in the Americas region to respond to the pandemic.
The United Nations Foundation and the Swiss Philanthropy Foundation have created the solidarity fund to support WHO, including its regional offices, and its partners in a massive effort to help countries—especially those most in need—to prevent, detect, and manage the new coronavirus.
The Fund will allow WHO and PAHO to:
- Send essential supplies, such as personal protective equipment, to front-line health workers.
- Allow all countries to track and detect the disease by increasing the capacity of laboratories by training and equipping them.
- Ensure that health workers and communities around the world have access to the latest scientific information to protect themselves, prevent infection, and care for those in need.
- Increase efforts to accelerate the discovery and development of life-saving vaccines, diagnostic tests, and treatments.
- The Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan outlines a funding need of at least US$675 million for critical response efforts in countries most in need of help through April 2020. As this outbreak evolves, financing needs are likely to increase.
COVID-19 Strategic Preparedness and Response Plan - Operational Planning Guidelines to Support Country Preparedness and Response
Click on the DONATE NOW button below to donate to the COVID-19 Response Fund through the secure digital portal. You can find information there on payment options and tax exemption possibilities for some countries.