PAHO's technical cooperation in nutrition is outlined in its pdf Regional Strategy and Plan of Action on Nutrition and Health Development, 2006-2015 . It comprises three overarching areas: maternal and child nutrition, micronutrient nutrition, and nutrition and prevention of non communicable diseases. Within these areas, technical staff addresses topics related to updating and developing policies, norms and guidelines, assessment and surveillance, operational research, and advocacy and communication. Member States have also approved a PAHO Strategy and Plan of Action for the Reduction of Chronic Malnutrition.
- Webinar: “How are ultra-processed products harming diets in Latin America?”.- 18 October 2019
- Workshop on regulatory mechanisms to eliminate industrially produced trans fatty acids from the food supply in the Region of the Americas.- Mexico City, 17-18 July, 2019
- Trans Fat Free Americas. Side event of the 56th PAHO Directing Council.- Washington, 23 September 2018.
- Latin America and the Caribbean Regional Symposium on sustainable food systems for healthy eating.- San Salvador, 5-7 September 2017
- Stakeholders Consultation on Adolescent Girls' Nutrition: Evidence, Guidance, and Gaps.- Washington D.C., 30-31 October 2017