On Wednesday, 13 November 2019, join us in a new session of the Alcohol and Health Webinar Series, on the topic "Alcohol Use Disorders and ICD11". Learn about the changes introduced in ICD11 as related to alcohol use disorders and the latest information on the research being carried out internationally.
- DAY: Wednesday, 13 November 2019
- TIME: 12:30 PM EST
- English: https://paho.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/paho/recording/123b734df9fd42eb8573a4194135ab4c
- Spanish: https://paho.webex.com/recordingservice/sites/paho/recording/e6edf4adf5df4bf9919f9eda3a1755a3
- – Introduction and Overview of ICD 11. Dr Vilma Gawryszewski, advisor on health analysis information at PAHO
- – Alcohol Use Disorders and ICD 11. Dr Maria Elena Medina Mora,past director of the National Institute on Psychiatry Ramon de la Fuente, México.
Dr Medina Mora holds a PhD in Social Psychology and has a teaching appointment in the National University of Mexico (UNAM). Dr Medina Mora has worked as researcher in the substance use field for the past 40 years, her areas of interest are methodological, psychosocial, and epidemiological issues as they relate to addictions and mental health. She has published more than 350 articles in indexed journals and has more than 14,400 citations in the Scopus index.
- 9:30 am - Los Angeles
- 10.30 am - Calgary, Ciudad Juárez, Edmonton, Phoenix
- 11:30 am - Mexico City, San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 12:30 am - Bogotá, Lima, Quito,
- 1:30 pm - Bridgetown, Kingston, La Paz, Sto. Domingo
- 2:30 pm - Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Santiago de Chile
For other cities, you can estimate the time in the following link.
Alcohol and Health Webinar Series
The Mental Health and Substance Abuse Unit will be coordinating a series of webinars on Alcohol and Health throughout 2019. The webinar series is aimed at disseminating up-to-date and accurate information about alcohol epidemiology, harms, policies and research in the Region of the Americas and globally, which in turn can be used for advocacy, policy development and implementation.