The purpose of this document is to provide guidance for countries to:
- develop and strengthen supply chain strategies to receive, store, distribute and manage COVID-19 vaccines and their ancillary products;
- distribute COVID-19 vaccines from port of entry up to the most remote vaccination sites;
- ensure the quality, efficacy, proper tracking, reporting of vaccine utilization and safety of COVID-19 vaccines throughout the supply chain;
- assess, design and implement appropriate waste management mechanisms to safely treat and dispose waste while protecting the environment and populations;
- strengthen appropriate cold chain and logistics requirements, including reverse logistics; and
- provide tools to support country readiness activities.