1. Zhao Q, Guo Y, Ye T, Gasparrini A, Tong S, Overcenco A, Urban A, Schneider A, Entezari A, Vicedo-Cabrera AM, Zanobetti A. Global, regional, and national burden of mortality associated with non-optimal ambient temperatures from 2000 to 2019: a three-stage modelling study. The Lancet Planetary Health. 2021 Jul 1;5(7):e415-25.
2. Pan American Health Organization / World Health Organization. Epidemiological Update: Dengue. 7 February 2020, Washington, D.C. PAHO / WHO 2020.
3. Health Care Without Harm. 2019. Health Care’s Climate Footprint: How the health sector contributes to the global climate crisis and opportunities for action. September 2019.
4. Ryan E, Wakefield J, Luthen S. Born into the climate crisis. Save the Children. September 2021.
5. Knutson T, Camargo SJ, Chan JC, Emanuel K, Ho CH, Kossin J, Mohapatra M, Satoh M, Sugi M, Walsh K, Wu L. Tropical cyclones and climate change assessment: Part II: Projected response to anthropogenic warming. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society. 2020 Mar 1;101(3):E303-22.
a. Countries’ 2021 WHO survey data was used when available. 2017 WHO survey data was used for the following countries: Saint Vincent and the Grenadines, Mexico, Panama, Chile, Ecuador, and Venezuela.
b. Countries’ most recent NDC submission to the UNFCCC was used for this information.
c. Countries’ 2021 WHO survey data was used when available. 2018 WHO survey data was used for Antigua and Barbuda, Honduras, Mexico, Chile, Paraguay, and Venezuela.
d. Countries’ 2021 WHO survey data was used when available. 2018 WHO survey data was used for Antigua and Barbuda and Paraguay. 2017 WHO survey data was used for Saint Vincent and the Grenadines and Panama.
e. Countries 2018 WHO survey data was used for this figure.