The objectives of the Strategic Fund are to:
- Facilitate the procurement of strategic public health supplies by PAHO Member States at a reduced cost by taking advantage of the potential savings offered by economies of scale;
- Enhance the continuous and timely availability of supplies in PAHO Member States, especially single- or limited-source supplies;
- Encourage the Member States to improve supply planning capabilities;
- Promote the implementation of appropriate quality assurance procedures for the supplies procured;
- Strengthen Member States' public health programs and application of the pertinent PAHO/WHO regulatory mandates.