As of 11 August 2022,
- Globally, 34,083 confirmed cases of monkeypox from 88 countries, areas, and territories: 64% in the European Region, 34% in the Region of the Americas, 1% in the Africa Region, <1% each in the Eastern Mediterranean Region, Western Pacific Region, and South-East Asia Region (Figure 1).
- 8,066 additional cases, 31% increase in the last 7 days
- 98.5% (16,452/16,691) of cases with available data are male, the median age is 36 years. <1% (193/17,065) of cases with available age data are aged 0-17 years. Males between 18-44 years old account for 77.8% of cases with available data.
- In the Americas, 14,925 confirmed cases from 24 countries and territories. Four countries in the Region account for 97% of confirmed cases (United States of America, Brazil, Canada, and Peru).
- 56% increase in confirmed cases in the last 7 days. For the second week the Region of the Americas account for a higher proportion of the monkeypox cases reported globally.
- Two deaths were reported in the Region related to monkeypox (Brazil and Ecuador).
- The characteristics of the cases remain the same with most of confirmed cases (1,459/1,568 ) are male, 80% of 2,012 cases are aged 25 to 45 years old, and most (82%) self-identify as men who have sex with other men.
- 77% of 1,479 cases in the Americas with available information are locally transmitted cases.