About the series: Policy briefs: what government ministries need to know about noncommunicable diseases
These policy briefs provide government decision makers with information about how NCDs affect their sector, as well as the steps they can take to respond to the challenge of NCDs.
These briefs will enable ministries to:
- Implement the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, including strengthened implementation of the World Health Organization Framework Convention on Tobacco Control;
- Recognize that NCDs present a major challenge to their sector and the national development agenda;
- Identify concrete steps that can be taken in their sector to tackle NCDs;
- Implement commitments agreed in the 2011 UN Political Declaration and 2014 UN Outcome Document on NCDs;
- Enact the WHO Global NCD Action Plan 2013-2020, in particular the set of very cost-effective and affordable interventions for all countries, and policy options to promote a whole-of-government and whole-of-society response to reducing risk factors and enabling health systems to respond.
Noncommunicable diseaseas and Mental Health
Inter-American Task Force on NCDs