Date. 29 June 2022
Time. 11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. EST
The Department of Health Systems and Services/Human Resources for Health Unit (HSS/HR) is pleased to announce the official launch of the virtual self-learning course “Introduction to Health Workforce Planning for Universal Access to Health and Universal Health Coverage” in English and Spanish.
Registration link: Zoom platform
- Opening Remarks and Welcome. Malhi Cho, Human Resources for Health Advisor, PAHO
- Commentary on the importance of health workforce planning for universal access to health and universal health coverage, James Fitzgerald, Director, Department of the Health Systems and Services, PAHO
- Country Experience Health workforce planning at country level and during the COVID-19 pandemic. Mercedes Sosa, Vice Minister of Rectory and Health Surveillance, Paraguay Cristina Caballero, National Director, Strategic Directorate of Human Resources for Health, Paraguay
- Course Presentation. Maria del Carmen Cadile, Consultant, Virtual Campus for Public Health, PAHO
- Virtual Campus of Public Health. Gabriel Listovsky, Coordinator, Virtual Campus for Public Health, PAHO
- Closing remarks .Malhi Cho. Advisor, Human Resources for Health, PAHO
The virtual self-learning course “Introduction to Health Workforce Planning for Universal Access to Health and Universal Health Coverage” is designed to provide managers and decision-makers with the basic concepts, strategies and considerations for health workforce planning. These must be adjusted to the needs of each country, state, or region, in alignment with the model of care. They must also take into account that appropriate organization of and projections for the health workforce are essential to ensure healthcare for the population and advance towards universal health.