On Tuesday, 29 November, 2022, PAHO will host a webinar to launch the new report Addressing violence against women in health policies and protocols in the Americas. The event will be held at 10:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. (Washington DC time), via Zoom. Check below the details to participate.
As the first of its kind in the Region, the report offers a close look at the progress that countries in the Americas have made in line with commitments of the Regional Strategy and Plan of Action on Strengthening the Health System to Address Violence Against Women adopted by PAHO Member States in 2015.
Violence against women is a persistent public health issue with enormous health consequences. The event will highlight advances in the region to address the problem as well as region-specific lessons learned and how to continue advancing the health sector response to address violence against women in the Americas.
How to participate
- DATE: Tuesday, 29 November, 2022
- TIME: 10:00 – 11:00 am (EST) (See time correspondence below)
- REGISTER: https://paho-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_eYen3oHqR6CArBtrbd_-HQ
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email with information on how to join the webinar.
- LANGUAGE: The session will be available in English and Spanish with simultaneous translation.
- 10:00 am – Welcome and opening remarks
- 10:10 am – Overview of report findings
- 10:20 am – Moderated panel discussion to discuss promising practices in the Americas in the health sector response to violence against women.
- The panel will include representatives from selected countries in the Region to share their experiences.
- 10:55 am – Closing remarks
- 7:00 am: Los Angeles
- 8:00 am: Calgary
- 9:00 am : Belmopan, Guatemala City, Mexico City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 10:00 am: Bogota, Havana, Lima, Kingston, Quito, Nassau, Port-au-Prince, Washington DC
- 11:00 am: Bridgetown, Caracas, Castries, Georgetown, Port of Spain, Santo Domingo, San Juan
- 12:00 pm: Asunción, Brasilia, Buenos Aires, Santiago, Montevideo, Paramaribo
- 4:00 pm: Geneva, Madrid
For other cities, please check the time at the following link