Join us on Wednesday, 14 December, 2022, for the webinar "People with disabilities and COVID-19 in the Americas: past, present and future", the second of a two-part series that will focus on the implications for the Americas of the WHO Global Report on Disability and Health report and how to build a more inclusive and equitable health system for people with disabilities.
How to participate
- DATE: Wednesday, 14 November, 2022
- TIME: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 a.m. [EST] [see time correspondence below]
- REGISTRATION: https://paho-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_TFRkU2vnR5a24B_Y2wBglQ
- LANGUAGE: English and Spanish and International Sign. Live captioning in English and Spanish.
- 10.00 - 10.10 a.m. - Welcome and opening remarks
- Mr Juan Angel de Gouveia, President, RIADIS
- 10.10 - 10.15 a.m. - Video: Health equity for people with disabilities
- 10.15 - 11.00 a.m. - Findings from the World Report and implications for the Americas.
- Mr. Kaloyan Kamenov, WHO
- Mr. Antony Duttine, PAHO
- 11.00 - 11.05 a.m. - Video: "What does inclusive health look like for people with disabilities?"
- 11.05- 11.45 a.m. Panel: What does disability inclusive health look like?
- Moderator: Mr. Antony Duttine
- Three people from the PAHO video will join a panel to discuss in more detail their vision of inclusive health.
- 11.45. a.m. - 12.00 p.m. - Closing Remarks
- Global report on health equity for persons with disabilities
- Webinar 1: People with disabilities and COVID-19 in the Americas: past, present and future
- 7:00 am. – Los Angeles
- 8:00 am – Calgary
- 9:00 am. – Belmopan, Mexico City, Guatemala City, Managua, San José (CR), San Salvador, Tegucigalpa
- 10:00 am. – Bogota, Havana, Kingston, Lima, Nassau, Panama City, Port-au-Prince, Quito, Washington DC
- 11:00 am. – Bridgetown, Caracas, Castries, Georgetown, La Paz, Port Spain, Santo Domingo, San Juan
- 12:00 pm – Asuncion, Buenos Aires, Brasilia, Santiago, Montevideo, Paramaribo
- 4:00 pm. – Geneva, Madrid
For other cities, check the time in the following link