The Steering Committee is the decision-making body for the strategic and operational management of the Network, providing guidance for progress on projects and activities, and making recommendations for evaluation and discussion at the Conference.
The Steering Committee is be composed of the Secretariat and of Members and their corresponding Alternates, officially designated to represent each sub-Region of the Region of the Americas, as follows: North America, Central America + Cuba + the Dominican Republic, the Caribbean, the Andean Region, and the Southern Cone.
The Steering Committee will reserve a private space for decision-making by the representatives of the health authorities or Regional regulatory systems/frameworks appointed in accordance with the following:
- North America: United States, Canada, and Mexico
- Central America + Cuba + Dominican Republic: Costa Rica, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Panamá, Cuba, Dominican Republic
- Caribbean: Antigua and Barbuda, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Dominica, Grenada, Guyana, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, St Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, St Vincent and the Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad, and Tobago
- Andean Region: Bolivia (Plurinational State of), Chile, Colombia, Ecuador, Peru, Venezuela (the Bolivarian Republic of)
- Southern Cone: Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Uruguay
Steering Committee Members will be appointed for a four-year term, ensuring rotation among the countries in each sub-Region and communicating officially to the Secretariat. Rotation will occur at the Pan American Conferences were, to ensure continuity of work, up to three of the five members and alternates should be changed, according to their seniority.
In its discussions and consideration of priorities and relevant subjects, the Steering Committee will invite the participation of representatives of the secretariat of national regulatory authorities of regional reference (NRAr), representatives of the Region's regulatory initiatives/frameworks, and associations of producers of health technologies, as well as FIFARMA and ALIFAR in their role as founding members.
PANDRH´s Steering Committee Members
Below are presented those who will represent the PANDRH Steering Committee until the 10th PANDRH Conference. Their roles and attributes are described in the PANDRH statutes:
Central America, Cuba, and Dominican Republic