5. How to apply to be a Malaria Champions:
The application will be a two steps process.
A- The first step consists of submitting an expression of interest with the following indications:
- The nominee profile (and the applicant, if different from the nominee)
- The theme to be recognized (description of the effort nominated for recognition; 50 words maximum)
- Justification of the nominated topic (500 words maximum):
- Describing the nominated efforts (programmatic and/or management improvements);
- Describing the impact of the efforts (epidemiological impact, policy changes, etc. consistent with the efforts being recognized).
Download the document in:
In English | En español | Em Português | En Français
Please provide the following information to submit your application before May 12, 2023, by submitting this form to the CDE Advisor your PAHO Country Office, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
B- The second step will be completed by the candidates upon reception, from the MC Committee, of an invitation to document in detail the efforts being recognized. This documentation will include:
- Detailed justification of the nominated topic:
- Documenting nominated efforts (programmatic and/or management improvements);
- Documenting the impact of the efforts (epidemiological impact, policy changes, etc. consistent with the efforts being recognized), including collaborative efforts and partnerships.
- Documenting challenges and limitations
- Consider audiovisual documentation (with external support, if necessary)
- Sustainability prospect of the recognized interventions (sustainable in area implemented, possible replication in other settings)
The evaluation will consider the following requirements of the submitted information: timeliness, completeness, veracity.
6. Role of the Ministries of Health in the process:
In the process, the Ministry of Health is invited/encouraged to:
- Post experiences
- Provide additional epidemiological, strategic and programmatic information, when necessary.
The Malaria Champions of the Americas will receive:
- Commemorative plaque
- Opportunities for further development of technical capacities
- Opportunity to be featured in various communications platforms of Pan American Health Organization (PAHO), UN Foundation, George Washington University (GWU-MISPH), (Johns Hopkins University JHU-CCP), Florida International University (FIU-GHC), and American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH), as a best practice story on malaria.
8. Due date:
All expressions of interest to the 2023 Malaria Champions of the Americas are due on May 12, 2023.
By June 30, 2023, all the candidates will receive feedback from the MC Committee to either proceed with the second step of the application, providing detailed documentation (on, or before August 25th, 2023) or to strengthen the nominated efforts for further consideration.
9. More information:
Back to menu