The Community needs, perceptions and demand: community assessment tool can be used by countries to rapidly assess and respond to community health needs and perceptions around access and effective use of essential health services during the COVID-19 outbreak. The questionnaire should be administered to key informant respondents who can represent community perspectives, such as: community leaders, representatives of local nongovernmental organizations or health committees, and community health workers.
This assessment tool covers the following aspects:
- unmet needs for essential health services;
- perceived barriers to use of essential health services, considering both supply and demand factors;
- attitudes towards COVID-19 vaccination;
- community assets and vulnerabilities; and
- barriers to the provision of community-based services.