The PAHO/WHO Office for Barbados and the Eastern Caribbean Countries will be hosting a webinar to discuss practical actions required to reduce the impacts of SARS-CoV-2 transmission on health as COVID-19 becomes another recurrent disease that health systems and societies will have to manage
- To describe the evolving epidemiological profile after the Omicron wave is over and to understand the role of public health and social measures to control SARS-CoV-2 in the Eastern Caribbean Countries
- To underscore practical ways of improving COVID-19 vaccination coverage and meet the global target by end of June 2022.
- To discuss the role of SARS-CoV-2 testing in the face of Omicron wave and other future variants
- To share the 2021 contributions of PAHO/WHO ECC office in support of the COVID-19 response in the Eastern Caribbean
- To review the lessons learned about the virus and our response, identify the gaps in our knowledge while anticipating the potential challenges ahead
National Health Authorities, national, sub regional partner, international stakeholders in the Eastern Caribbean countries are informed on the evolving epidemiology of COVID-19 and new evidence on public health response to update the strategic priorities to end the acute phase of the pandemic.
How to participate
- Date - 26 January 2022
- Time - 10:00am - 11:30am (Barbados time)
- Link to register: https://paho-org.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_3-cCPkpiRL62mTz6lADLbw